**THIS ROLE MUST BE FLEXIBLE TO BE ON-CALL DURING NON-WORKING HOURS ON A ROTATING SCHEDULE AND BE FLEXIBLE TO COME IN EARLY OR STAY LATE AS NEEDED FOR MAINTENANCE AND STAFFING/PRODUCTION NEEDS**
nuEra Hillcrest, located in Rochelle Illinois (near Rockford), is looking for a passionate and professional individual to fill the role of a Full-Time Security and Support Officer. This individual will undertake the surveillance of our premises and the protection of our staff and visitors, as well as assist with other projects. You will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts, or other criminal behavior. Additionally, you will support or team members with various tasks such as receiving deliveries to the facility, running to get parts, assist in deliveries, support our maintenance team, assist with cleaning, and more.
This ideal individual must be able to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently, and be adaptable to changing priorities and tasks as needed. They will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation. The goal is to help the company in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free.
A successful candidate will be able to work in a very fast-paced environment as we continue to grow and expand. This individual must be motivated, trustworthy, and able to operate both independently and within a team environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secure all exits, doors, and windows after end of operations; arm and disarm facility
- Conduct interior and exterior foot patrols
- Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Monitor all delivers and visitor log
- Communicate with IDOA and Illinois State Police
- Conduct monthly security checklist
- Escort for courier runs
- Support maintenance team as needed
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with experience in surveillance systems and G-Suite
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proven experience as a security officer, guard, retired police, or corrections officer
Please fill out the form below to apply:
*Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and references. Applications submitted without these will not be considered.