nuEra Hillcrest, located in Rochelle Illinois (near Rockford), is looking for a passionate and professional individual to fill the role of Packaging Technician. This individual will perform cannabis packaging tasks such as weighing, sealing, labeling and other operations at our cultivation and processing center. Each Packaging Technician will be responsible for safely and effectively weighing, labeling, sealing and converting the cannabis materials into high-quality finished products.
The Packaging Technicians are responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company’s cultivation operation within the packaging department. This is an entry-level position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Learns and performs proper techniques for packaging Cannabis
- Cross-trains on and works alongside with the Packaging team with the filling, weighing, packaging and labeling of nuEra’s broad medical cannabis product line when required.
- Cleans any/all production areas to ensure no cross-contamination occurs.
- Follow the SOP’s in regards to documenting your daily work on a daily recap sheet.
- Follows appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of batches and/or weights of batches.
- Performs in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducts visual inspections to ensure the product meets or exceeds nuEra quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performing his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
- Carrying out all filling, weighing and packaging operations in an efficient manner that also complies with all GMP’s, OSHA regulations, nuEra SOP’s, and all applicable required procedures.
- Ensuring 100% compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
- Following appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of cannabis strains and batches.
- Performing in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all products meet or exceed nuEra’s specifications and patients’ expectations. Such quality assurance work and reporting shall include but not be limited to:
- Recording and monitoring process conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures
- Proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout nuEra’s process
- Continually strive and work with the remainder of the Production Team to improve nuEra’s processes for improved patient safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing
- Assist in monitoring processing supplies and inventory.
- High school diploma or GED
- State law requires that applicants be at least 21 years old
- Attention to detail; shows initiative to learn; is punctual and dependable; is cooperative; has a team-oriented work ethic
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of manufacturing and/or packaging experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, consumer safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Stand/sit long periods of time, bending/stopping, hard surfaces, ambient temperature environment
- Standing, walking, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., weighing product, and boxing, labeling).
- Availability to work occasional weekends
- Monday through Friday, first shift, and requires weekend/holiday rotation
nuEra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
Please fill out the form below to apply:
*Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and references. Applications submitted without these will not be considered.