nuEra Hillcrest, located in Rochelle Illinois (near Rockford), is looking for a passionate and professional individual to fill the role of Cultivation Technician. We are looking for an individual who will be working with a variety of Laboratory/Manufacturing tasks. This individual must be able to multitask, work quickly and efficiently, and be adaptable to changing priorities and tasks as needed.
The Cultivation Technicians are responsible for assisting with all aspects of the company’s cultivation operation from seedling to harvest. This is an entry-level position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs plant and crop maintenance using standard procedures including but not limited to, cloning, transplanting, feeding, trimming, and pest management
- Maintain a clean environment by removing and disposing of all cannabis waste, cleaning and sanitizing all rooms and tools used on a daily basis
- Assists in collecting data to monitor plant health, soil health, and environmental control systems
- Meets all required activity performance counts
- Learns and masters basic principles of cultivation SOPs and sanitation of the field and applies them in a limited manner
- Assists others as part of a team to accomplish cultivation goals set forth by management
- Performs all tasks set by management in a safe and efficient manner
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year of experience preferred
- Must be 21 years old
- Attention to detail; shows initiative to learn; is punctual and dependable; is cooperative; has a team-oriented work ethic
- Production greenhouse experience a plus
- Uneven surfaces, stand/sit long periods of time, bending/stopping, hard surfaces, ambient temperature environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Monday through Friday, first shift, and requires weekend/holiday rotation
nuEra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
Please fill out the form below to apply:
*Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and references. Applications submitted without these will not be considered.