nuEra Hillcrest, located in Rochelle Illinois (near Rockford), is looking for a passionate and professional individual to fill the role of Courier. This individual will perform cannabis tasks related to safe and effective packaging and delivery of products from the Cultivation center to dispensaries throughout Illinois.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Drive delivery vehicle and lift and carry up to 50lbs multiple times per/day
- Load and unload the delivery vehicle and clean totes upon reentry into the facility
- Ability to follow GPS directions and read maps
- Learn and understand all state regulations related to the delivery of medical and/or recreational cannabis
- Execute deliveries in a timely matter
- Keep vehicle clean and free of clutter
- Occasional delivery of a vehicle to local mechanic for maintenance
- Keep all paperwork organized and ensure that all necessary signatures are collected from dispensaries
- Communicate to Logistics Manager any pertinent information from dispensaries or product issues reported
- Maintain a positive relationship with dispensary partners
- Perform basic maintenance on vehicle (fill with gasoline, change burnt-out bulbs, car wash, change a tire, oil change, check fluids)
- Help in other departments as needed when not on delivery
- Valid Illinois Drivers License
- High school diploma or GED and at least 21 years old as required by state law
- Attention to detail; shows initiative to learn; is punctual and dependable; is cooperative; has a team-oriented work ethic
- Effective communication skills and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Riding or driving a vehicle for up to 12 hours/day
- Uneven surfaces, stand/sit long periods of time, bending/stopping, hard surfaces, ambient temperature environment
- Standing, walking, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving, and making adjustments to process equipment.
- Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Monday through Friday, first shift, and occasional weekend/holiday rotation
nuEra provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
Please fill out the form below to apply:
*Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and references. Applications submitted without these will not be considered.