nuEra is looking for applicants who are passionate about cannabis and are excited to be part this growing industry. This position involves daily customer interaction as well as knowledge of inventory and product brands. We are seeking applicants primarily experienced in retail management, with very strong leadership skills, and cannabis experience preferred. Familiarity with the CUMCP (Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Program) is a plus. Previous retail management experience required. Applicants must be willing to submit to a background check.
As a store manager in one of our soon-to open locations, you’ll have the opportunity to hire, train and motivate an amazing team in various roles. You’ll ensure enthusiastic and informed customer service and patient education, and you will build a profitable location with your business and management skills, ambition and competitive spirit.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
– Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
– Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
– Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
– Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
– Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
– Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
– Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing sales.
– Stays abreast of new products, strains, changes in laws, and industry trends in order to provide the highest level of service to customers
– Works with nuEra marketing team to market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans.
– Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
– Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
– Works with security team to implement security systems and measures.
– Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
– Maintains and financial statements and departmental sales records and produces regular reports.
– 5+ years of successful retail management experience with profit and loss responsibility.
– Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills.
– Strong working knowledge of cannabis and cannabis therapies.
– Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office.
– Valid state issued ID.
– 21 or older.
– Full time availability, including weekends and holidays
Positions available in:
– Chicago, IL
– Urbana, IL
– East Peoria, IL
Please fill out the form below to apply:
*Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and references. Applications submitted without these will not be considered.