Pre-rolls for a Cause.
nuEra is participating in Breast Cancer Awareness month with a “Pre-rolls for a Cause” fundraiser, with proceeds benefiting Gilda’s Club, an Illinois based nonprofit that serves the needs of the women and families affected by breast cancer.
Throughout the month of October, nuEra’s five dispensary locations will be donating $1 per unit sold of special edition 0.75g cannabis flower pre-rolls and 0.75g “Blazy Diamonds” infused pre-rolls.
*All special edition pre-rolls wrapped with pink Blazy Susan pre-roll cones which are Vegan, Non-GMO and sourced with high quality wood paper from France. The light pink hue comes from being dyed with organic pigments.
AND nuEra is also donating net revenue from the sales of a “show your support” pink nuEra logo pin.
Partnership with Illinois Women in Cannabis
In addition to helping us promote our “shop for a cause” fundraiser, Illinois Women in Cannabis hosted a free online event on Wednesday October 6th from 2:00pm – 3:30pm titled Breast Cancer and Medical Cannabis—a conversation in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The event will feature Jasmine Carrasco, MSW, Bi-lingual Program Coordinator from Gilda’s Club, patient care specialist Tammy Azzarello from nuEra, Dr. Jamila Owen-Todd (Naturopathic Doctor, Former Research Manager with Phytos Cannabis, Scientific Consultant and Adjunct Professor with St. Louis University’s Cannabis Science Program), Nurse April Hatch (MSN, RN; Co-founder of Cannabis Care Team) and our special guests—real women who have experienced the diagnosis, are medical cannabis patients, and receive guidance from cannabis clinician. CLICK THIS LINK TO STREAM THE EVENT!
If you’d like to do more than purchase our pre-rolls and pins here are some other ways that you can support the cause.
Donate directly to:
-Attend a benefit event
- Flow with Row Summer Yoga Series (ENDED)
- Support Our Girls Virtual Walk/Run
- More Than A Walk (Central Illinois)
- Grace Baptist Church Cancer Walk (Central Illinois)
- C.L.A.S.S. Breast Cancer Color Me Pink 5K Run/Walk
- Get Your Pink On 5k
- ViStrong Cancer 5k Walk, Run or Ride
Other amazing organizations
- Prairie Dragon Paddlers-Champaign
- Pink Heals Tri Cities-Northeastern Illinois
- Crew 309-East Peoria
- Recovery On Water (ROW)-Chicago
- Bright Pink- National breast & ovarian health non-profit-Nationwide
- IL Breast & Cervical Cancer Program
- Free Cancer screenings, preventive services and treatments
- Free Mammogram Finder in Illinois
- Use this to find locations for free and sliding scale services
Articles, Websites and Information:
- More than Pink: Addressing Breast Cancer in LBTQI People (Article)
- A resource for LGBTQ+ community dealing with cancer and recovery